Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Hammer Time

I did a bit of hammering today. Cleaning up Adoring Husband's mess with the nail gun haha. All my fingers are still intact, no breaks, no bruising!

The Motivator and I put together an Office Works chest of drawers on castors. That was interesting and much less stressful than doing the same thing with a male ... in my experience! Sorry AH.

We discussed the different logos that have been provided by 4 different designers - none of which are close to perfect, but we have learned a lot and know exactly what we want now. We just need to find a designer who can see our vision.

AH measured the walls, so we know how much paint to get tomorrow ready for the painting on Thursday.

A list was made so that we can make the most of our trip into The Bay tomorrow.

I covered all the furniture with sheets so that when Adoring Husband is sanding the walls tomorrow, the dust doesn't land on everything.

The Motivator contacted Telstra, who were supposed to connect our landline and internet last week (surprise surprise), to find out that they can't find a port for our address. They were supposed to get back to us by close of business today, once again, surprise, surprise, they haven't.

We left a message for the Real Estate Agent to come into the shop to discuss the dirty carpet, the holes in the walls and the signage that should have been removed by now. She came and went without a word ... she has to walk right past our door and didn't even have the decency to say "I'm too busy, but I'll catch you tomorrow".

I picked up some crab from The Motivator's house on the way home .. you can guess what I had for dinner. For Adoring Husband, I cooked up some duck breast with orange sauce (which surprisingly, he loved!) with a salad.


I can't believe that it's already 11pm! Far out, time flies when you're having fun.

Nite all.

No comments: