Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Feeling the Way

Day two at The Happy Abode was lovely.

We had three brief visits from The Little Mermaid. She may be small but she has a booming voice is a touch intimidating to anyone who doesn't know her. She startled an elderly lady who was in the shop during one of her visits. She claims to be leaving town, so hopefully she will not be a problem in our future!

Three of the ladies visited after they had their coffee at our usual haunt, even though they were supposed to actually have their coffee with us in the shop!

We had fifteen visitors to the shop, another two names for the photography course and we made sales!

I created a notice to put in the local notice board, which will hopefully direct more people to our shop and bring more interest to our workshops and courses.

I attempted to insure the shop, but the man that I needed to speak to was in a meeting and THEN when he finally made contact 3 hours later, he told me that he was retiring but could refer me to somebody else on the Sunshine Coast who could help me. This meant he had to send me an email to which I had to respond with the word 'yes' and then he passes my name on to the new people!

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

I've started to create a photo book to put on the central table, which people can browse through to select photos for purchasing. I'll have a small selection of those photos printed and displayed on the shop walls too.

We need to cover the training room chairs and buy some desks so that the first workshops can go ahead.

I need to create the photography workshop!

So much to do! So little time!

Still loving the space so much :)

It's 11pm and I need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: