Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 21, 2017

Checked Off

Today's check list ...

  • Confirmed with the logo designer to create two logos as described.
  • Looked for the Estate Agent to verify some information - message left.
  • Two shop counters repaired by Adoring Husband, assisted by me and then painted by me.
  • Training room cleared of most paint gear, i.e. ladders, drop sheets, paint tins/brushes etc
  • Shop vacuumed.
  • Paint scrubbed off the carpet.
  • Cleared stuff no longer required in the shop.
  • Blinds attached to front doors. One then broken and removed! Newspaper reattached to door!
  • Explained what the shop was about to 3 random visitors.
  • Showed Brad through the shop describing our plans.
  • Participated as a guinea pig for local fish and chip shop, being the first to taste and review their new grilled fish recipe. Bloody bewdiful!
Did a quick savoury mince dish for dinner.

My body is feeling a bit the worse for wear tonight. It's already approaching 10pm and I'm off to bed right now!

Telstra technicians are coming tomorrow to connect our phone and internet. The cleaners will be here after that to clean our carpets and windows, so we need to move some stuff out of the shop and clear the floor for them.

We'll be taking my swinging pod chair to the shop at some stage tomorrow or Wednesday.

Still so much to do.


Time now for sleep.

Nite all.





No comments: