Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Busy Weekend

I only spent four hours at the shop today.

The Motivator and The Fisher King were there when I arrived at 10am and only left at 8pm!

Progress today includes all the holes in the walls filled, more skirting boards and architraves painted, one door painted, white walls received their final coat, shelving painted, 30 odd hooks attached to cabinets, one side unit cleaned from top to bottom, some dusting done, 2 logos designed, table and chairs selected for meeting area and all the sheets and covers removed from the furniture.

There is still some painting to do tomorrow including some skirting boards and a door.

The chemicals in the paint are really affecting Adoring Husband and his tremor has been off the charts for the last three days, getting worse with each day, so I am banning him from the shop tomorrow.

We left early to attend Dirty Old Man's 80th birthday party at the club. It started at 3pm and we were home before 7pm. There was no gluten free food for us to eat and the music was so loud, it was impossible to have a conversation.





The entertainment was very good, but too loud. Everybody was up dancing and seemed to be having a fabulous time, but we just couldn't get into it. We chatted with everybody that we knew and there were lots of questions about the shop, so it was fun catching everyone up with that.

We've watched the football tonight and it's only 9.30pm, so I may have an early night. I have some paperwork to catch up on, but I might leave it til morning.

I'd like to stop thinking for a little while - rest my brain. I'm going to start the day tomorrow with some meditation.

Nite all  

No comments: