Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Winter is Lost

We are five weeks into Winter and our minimum temperature has not dropped into single figures yet.

I am sleeping in Summer pyjamas without bed covers some nights!

It's almost 10pm and I am sitting in the lounge room, wearing a sleeveless top, with my laptop on my lap and the fan is on high and blowing directly on me.

It is currently 19C.

It's 10C in Sydney. It's 3C in Canberra. It's 8C in Griffith and Melbourne. It's 6C in Wagga Wagga.

I miss Winter.

Adoring Husband and I had a lovely day in The Bay together today.

I bought some hand woven fair trade baskets for presentation of my jewellery, some green bangles and a gift card made out of elephant dung! At the florist next door, I bought three beautiful fresh sunflowers, which are now in my workspace.

I bought some kefir grains to make fermented coconut water kefir from Go Natural, along with some other organic and healthy stuff - including three giant cookies which I haven't tried yet!

We decided to have lunch at EAT @ Dan & Steph's. We ate there once before, soon after they first opened and obviously we weren't overly impressed because they've been open for about two or three years now and we've only just returned.


Adoring Husband had Beef short ribs with garlic Brussels sprouts, beans and bacon which he loved and I ordered Pork belly and sand crab salad - it was HUGE and I just couldn't eat it all, but it was delicious and the dressing was amazing.

We drank cold pressed juice of apple, pineapple and lime which was fresh, cold and refreshing.

With our bellies full, we walked next door to the shop recommended by Tweedle Dee. There was not a lot in the store, but the clothes were beautiful and very expensive. I tried a top on which was priced at $140. I have one exactly the same, which I bought in Suzanne Grae's for $19 - the only difference in the two is that the SG top has a better lining.

The young woman who owned the shop was very friendly and obviously proud of her little establishment. She had a lovely range of scarves and hand made jewellery too.

Our next stop was Stocklands. I bought a necklace from Noni B's to replace one that I broke a couple of months ago. They had a 30% off sale on jewellery, so it was a bargain.

I bought what I hope will be the winning ticket in the $40 million Ozlotto draw for next week.

After we got our groceries, we drove to Craignish to pick up ours and Chandelier's FROG boxes. Quite some time ago, Chandelier picked up our FROG box when Adoring Husband was called away unexpectedly and I had no way to get it. So, this week, we were able to return the favour as she was without a car.

It was a light dinner for us tonight, after such a hearty lunch and AH had SES duties, so I've had a quiet evening at home watching the tennis.

With all but one Aussie out of the competition already, my interest has waned somewhat, so I don't think I'll have too many late nights this year. I like to follow Djokovic and Federer but with three different stations airing the tennis, it's difficult to choose which games to watch! The ladies matches and the doubles have been good to watch so far too.

It's not quite 11.30pm and I will watch the end of the Djokovic match and head to bed.

I've enjoyed my day very much. I hope you all have a happy Friday!

Nite all.

No comments: