Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Supporting the Arts

Adoring Husband had SES duties from very early this morning.

This meant that I was responsible for accessing my own morning coffee.

I had a good night's sleep and was awake at 7am, enjoyed my usual morning ritual of reading and working my way slowly into the day, before showering and making myself presentable for a public outing. I spent the entire day in my pyjamas yesterday, so there was plenty of prep required to face the world today!

The priority was to get my morning coffee and with coffee cup in hand I rode to the local markets and parked my trike at the front of the hall.

While I drank my coffee, I watched the stalls on the front lawn and noticed that the fruitnveg stalls were very busy, but the two stalls on either side which held hand made craft items like bag bags, pot holders, aprons, embroidered hand towels etc., were getting no traffic whatsoever.

I purposely didn't take too much cash with me, so that I wouldn't spend too much money, but I like to support the stall owners, especially the ones who create the wares that they sell.

As I walked towards the first craft stall, the married couple looked up at me and smiled. I checked out the aprons first - I do love a good apron because I often cook with turmeric which spills and splashes all over the place, staining my clothes. I selected a beautiful aqua blue apron with big white daisies all over it (a splash of yellow turmeric can only enhance such a lovely pattern!)

I wasn't going to purchase anything else, but then I noticed the bag bags and the one in our kitchen is so old and bedraggled and made of pinks, purples and oranges which just look silly in our colour scheme, so I selected a lovely aqua bag bag.

Before I'd finished, I'd added two more items to my imaginary shopping cart and  by the time I'd left, this couple were both smiling like Cheshire cats, as was I, with my little stash of home made goodies!

I visited Adoring Husband at the SES barbecue stall. He was desperate for a coffee, so I bought him a cappuccino from the coffee van on site, before searching out my next purchase!

There is another couple who always have a stall set up just outside the hall. He makes timber products like bread boards and lazy Susans, while she creates lovely leadlight and stained glass hanging decorations.

I always buy something from her because I love leadlighting and her prices are reasonable. Today, I bought a double peace sign to hang in my frangipani tree in our front yard. I'm certain that she made it especially for me! She knows that I have a 'thing' for peace signs.

Because of art classes, I haven't been to the markets for the last four months and as soon as she set eyes on me, she smiled brightly and said "Gosh I haven't seen you for ages! Where have you been?"

I made my way inside the hall and was greeted by a lady who is house sitting just up the road from us. She too had a stall, and the tables were covered in her hand made jewellery. It was beautiful! Very expensive, but the quality and the workmanship was obvious, so the prices that she asked were not at all unreasonable.

I totally fell in love with a necklace that was made with Brazilian Amazonite. I tried it on and felt a warm and fuzzy tingle as I looked in the mirror. There was a matching bracelet and earrings. It was my destiny to own these beautiful pieces!! Alas, I had spent all of my money!! I had to return to the shops to the ATM!! Ugh!!


I've been wearing the necklace since I arrived home. I love it. I love how it makes me feel. So I looked up Brazilian Amazonite, to see what this beautiful stone was bringing to my life, and this is what I discovered ...

Brazilian Amazonite protects against unfair business practices, attracts new customers and assists you in being in the right place at the right time for new business opportunities. (Who knew?! That's exactly what I need!)

It is a soothing and calming stone which imparts balance and harmony and quiets the mind. (Oh how my mind needs quieting!)

It is also empowering, facilitating self discovery and self awareness. It  helps you to shrug off the harsh judgement of others and helps you set clear, firm boundaries, as well as provide you with the strength and resolve to protect those boundaries when they are challenged by others.

It balances your intellect and intuition. With this balance, it gives you a healthier state of mind with more realistic and rational perceptions. It strengthens your self belief.

It provides spiritual healing in the areas of love and forgiveness, helping you release anger, jealousy and resentment.

It supports the heart and throat chakra, strengthening your heart, throat and thyroid.

It's especially good for people born between March 20th - April 19th (I am 4 days off!)

Who knew it was such a fabulous stone?! It was much loved and respected in Ancient Egypt and with the Amazon Tribes in Brazil.

This makes me even happier with my purchase!

I also bought these ...



... and I ordered some drawer handle decorations, with which I hope to adorn our bedside tables, after I've chalk painted them - I've had the tools and resources to do that for a whole year now!! I must get on to that!

After I'd spent all my money, it was such a glorious day, I ordered myself another coffee and rode to the beach, where I sat for 30 minutes in the sunshine, on a bench seat and remembered why I love where we live.


By the time I returned home, Adoring Husband wasn't far behind me and I made some lunch for him, then made a smoothie with carrot, cucumber, spinach, apple, mandarine, fresh turmeric and fresh ginger, coconut water, coconut kefir and water. It was delicious!

I spent the rest of the afternoon at my desk where I created the next question/meme for the RYL Facebook page and posted it.  I printed out some more paperwork for a course that I'm doing and watched a couple of webinars.

I ALMOST bought a ticket for a Women's Entrepreneur Business Conference on the Sunny Coast which is running in early September, and even though it would probably be amazingly helpful and a brilliant investment, I need to budget wisely for the remainder of the year. So I'll put it in next year's budget and definitely attend in 2018.

So obviously, I am feeling much better after yesterday's health hiccup and my intention is to have another early night so that I can spend the day at my desk tomorrow - allowing my amazonite to help me find business opportunities!!

Nite all.

No comments: