Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

It's Happening

By Friday evening, all things going to plan, I should be able to announce to the world exactly what the next big venture is!!

It's exciting!

So I can't tell you about the first half of my day.

The second half of the day was filled with phone calls! I spent over an hour on the phone with Vegan Chickie and then almost an hour with Mrs Bucket. After that, I spent almost another hour in the kitchen clearing out the fridge and cooking all the meat that was in the fridge before it was too late!

This evening, I've answered emails and chatted in Messenger with a few people. I've corresponded with a couple of customers who were asking questions about some jewellery I'm selling, but which isn't on my website yet.

It's all happening and I think I might require another early night! After my 11 hours of sleep on Monday night, I've had a couple of late nights, so I've got to catch up again.

Right now, I'm watching my Brisbane Broncos defeat the Bulldogs ... well they are winning by ten points at half time ... fingers crossed they continue playing that well.

Adoring Husband is at SES training.

Oh a reminder to all my local friends, that the Childers Multicultural Festival is on next weekend (30th July).



Well, my Broncos, with two minutes left of the game, are winning by 24 points. Ya gotta be happy with that!

Nite all.


No comments: