Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 14, 2017

In a Flash.

The day has gone in a flash!

I spent the first two hours of the day writing a four page inspirational letter to a friend's daughter with an accompanying card, after which, I rode to the post office and sent it in the mail with a parcel containing a gift that I hope will cheer her up.

While I was at the shops, I picked up our regular order from the butcher, as well as some chicken pieces and some pork chops.

The kitchen is where I spent the next hour or so, preparing a paleo chicken dish that Adoring Husband had found on Facebook and making some chicken soup in the slow cooker, which I hope to deliver to The Motivator who has been sick for the last couple of days. So full of organic goodness, she should be pepped up in no time!

I was sitting in the lounge room with Adoring Husband when he threatened to turn on Star Trek or Dr Who, so I retreated to my workspace where I finalised the challenge/competition details for Romance Your Life and I posted it to the Facebook page.

I added a photo to Images by roz g Facebook page too ... something that I haven't done for quite a few months!


I finished listening to a webinar that I'd started on Tuesday afternoon and then served up that paleo chicken dish for an early dinner so that Adoring Husband could attend SES training. It was delicious!

After Adoring Husband left, I watched a training video on creating videos for marketing, taking a gazillion notes and completing the work sheet that was provided. That will be my next challenge ... creating a video ... although it might be quite a while before I build up the courage for that one!

One of the psychotic dogs, Jack, is headed to the vet tomorrow morning for some surgery to remove some teeth and while he's under, the vet will give him a bit of grooming. Adoring Husband is fretting and worrying over it. We all know there are risks involved when anesthetic and surgery are involved and Jack is 12 years old. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

I will attempt to be the strong one, or the rock, to support AH until it's all over.

Right now, I am watching the Women's Semi Final tennis match at Wimbledon, between Venus Williams and Johanna Konta. I hope the match is fast with an early result because I'm ready for bed!

It's already midnight.

Nite all.

No comments: