Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Gratitude Abounds

How amazing was today?

I love my friends. Old and New.

So much support and positivity wrapped up in one day and I feel so grateful and happy.

I didn't have to rush into the day, although with hindsight, I probably should have! I planned some easy snacks and figured slow and steady would do it for me, but with an hour to go, I realised that I had more than an hour of work remaining.

So that last part was a bit stressful.

It all got done in the end. The Margaritas went down a treat. Not all of the food was eaten. Lots of jewellery was bought. New friendships were made. Old friendships were strengthened. There were lots of laughs and I had a really good time.


Another bonus for the day was that I didn't have to cook dinner because Adoring Husband ate some of the leftovers from the party.

The biggest bonus of them all, was Adoring Husband cleaning up all that mess!!

I'm a lucky girl.

I'm also exhausted!

Nite all.

No comments: