Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Feeling Insulated

I haven't even stepped outside the house today, however, I have been quite productive in the short time that I spent at my desk.

I was up and about at 9.30am ... I'm working on earlier starts to the day ... as much as I enjoy my leisurely mornings, I've decided that if I put some structure into my day, I can create good habits, reduce procrastination and fit some activity, sunshine and real study into my day, as well as keep my website moving forward with some new, more time efficient ideas that I'm thinking of.

My first chore was to edit the photos from yesterday. Here is one of them ...


When I'd finished, I did a ten minute meditation to clear my head and calm my mind.

I then wrote the next post for the website blog and dreamed of my afternoon coffee which never arrived ... because Adoring Husband and I are reducing our caffeine intake.

I created and designed my dream house, from the double white front doors filled with oceanic lead lighting, to the commercial style kitchen with plumbed coffee machine and built in slow cooker, to the massive timber deck containing a fire pit and overlooking sandy beach to the huge top story studio room that serves as my office, my studio and my workshop where I'll run all kinds of workshops and classes.

All the beautiful furnishings, pillows, cushions, rugs, artwork, colour schemes, landscaped pool area and the piece de resistance of course ... the Carrie Bradshaw-esque walk in wardrobe, something along the lines of this ...


I made my 'to do' list for Wednesday. Tuesday is already a full card and I doubt that I'll get much time in my workspace. I hope that my beautiful sunflowers last a few days longer yet, so that I can enjoy them some more on Wednesday and onwards.


At dinner time I cooked up some duck and vegetables, followed by berries and ice cream for dessert.

Now I must iron AH's good SES trousers ready for his big meeting tomorrow!

Nite all.    

No comments: