Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Droopy Eyes

Yay for Roger!!

I stayed up until well after 2am watching Roger Federer win the Wimbledon Final, followed by the trophy presentation and interviews afterwards. 

There would be no deep sleep for me, and even though Adoring Husband tended to her, Psychotic Dog number 3, Colli, became very uncomfortable during the night, with her ingrown claw and required regular and constant attention until we were able to reach the vet.

Needless to say, we are both feeling very tired this evening and are looking forward to an early night and catching up on some sleep.

Colli had her claw cut back, along with all of the claws on her feet. Her leg, where the claw had pierced the skin, is infected, so we've been given antibiotics for her, as well as pain killers.

She is much happier now and hopefully will also sleep soundly.

I finished grooming Colli before she visited the vet, so all of the dogs have clean faces now and it feels weird having six eyes following us around the room ... before this, it was just three hairy heads moving from left to right as we passed by!

My brain simply wasn't functioning well enough to focus on my website today, although I did listen to a couple of webinars and wrote up a rough draft of the 'Gratitude' post that I talked about yesterday. 

I sit here with very heavy eyelids and I'm wondering if I'll beat Adoring Husband to bed! I think I may!

I figure that this is appropriate for my day ...


Nite all.
   

No comments: