Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Breakfast in Bed

I think Adoring Husband got sick of waiting for me to get out of bed this morning!

He brought my coffee to me, as he always does, and soon after, he brought breakfast to me as well! I think he was hoping that would motivate me to rise! Alas it did not!

Midday was when my feet touched the floor of my bedroom for the first time.

On my way out the door, I spied my new jewellery organiser and decided that I should show it to you!


How cool is that!?

I love all the little compartments and it fits all of my bracelets perfectly.

Having spent the first half of the day in bed, I didn't get as much time at my desk as usual because I was booked for a photoshoot this afternoon photographing the Multi-disability Lawn Bowls Women's National and World Champion! Who knew that we had one of those in our community!!?

She was a very easy subject - I'll show you the pics tomorrow - but she was so concerned about other bowlers thinking she was 'up herself' and 'bragging' because of her many wins. She had about 7 gold medals for various major tournaments and should have been feeling proud of herself, but instead was worried more about what negative thoughts people had about her.

I hope that my photos will do her justice and I look forward to seeing the framed result on the wall in the club. I hope that she will feel proud of herself and wallow in the glory of it all!!

Thankfully, my camera behaved itself for the shoot, although, I am a bit rusty and I can see things that I wish I could do again. Hopefully, the pics will pass ... if not, I guess we can always have another shoot!

Totally loving my new necklace, which I wore all day today. I don't want to take it off!


I used a sketch filter over the photo and then added some bokeh stars. I remembered, after editing the photos from today's shoot, and this one, how much I hate editing photos. Sad but true.

Anyway, I must get some sleep. Adoring Husband has injured his back and I may need to get out of bed early to work for him.

Nite all.    

No comments: