Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Black Lace - Agadoo

At the request of Adoring Husband, I am posting this Youtube video of Black Lace singing Agadoo, because he has NEVER heard the song before! I don't know what planet he has been on since the 80s when this song was released but he doesn't believe many others would have heard of it either!



So feel free to add a comment here or PM me in Facebook if you know this song, just so that I can show AH that EVERYBODY knows it haha.

I've had quite an excellent day!

It started at coffee with the girls - the usual Tuesday morning ritual - which I always enjoy.

At 11am, the World Champ picked me up so that we could drive into The Bay and have the photos printed ... or so I thought!

We DID get the photos printed and they looked great! From there, we drove to Stocklands where she hoped to get some photo frames from Target. Unfortunately, that was an unsuccessful shopping trip, however, we found the perfect frames at Kmart! The photo frames cost $15 less than the photos! Ya gotta love Kmart!


Just when I thought it was time to go home, she surprised me with "I'm going to shout you some lunch."

We ate at the Bay Central Tavern.

It was such a lovely day and we got along so well! The conversation never stopped the whole time and we talked about all sorts of things.

Her story is amazing and I discovered that ten years ago, she was involved in a very serious car accident that broke her neck. She was told that she was a quadriplegic and would never walk again!

That was a prognosis which she would prove very wrong!

She left the hospital after a whole year of surgeries and hard work, but was still in a wheel chair. She worked so hard that she was able to walk in callipers and NOW is both the Australian AND World Champion Lawn Bowler (for people with disabilities).

She walks with a limp, but I had trouble keeping up with her!

What an inspiring story and as she said "The mind is a very strong and powerful thing!"

I absolutely cannot agree more!

We were home before 2pm which gave me three hours in my workspace. I listened to a webcast, typed up my next challenge to post tomorrow and wrote out my health schedule - which was given to me in February while I was in Canberra and I have never put into place!

I did all of this while rebounding at my tall desk! Three hours is a long time to rebound, even with stops and slow rebounds. My body is now complaining and seizing up while seated! I've really got to learn to pace myself!

Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: