Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Bingeing fun

Remember how I said I wanted earlier starts to the days?

Well, I've managed that, and this morning was a 6am start. I should clarify that I WOKE UP at that time, but I did not get out of bed. It was too lovely in that room, with the delicious cool breeze floating through the window and all my pillows piled around me.

I read for a while and then I watched a few episodes of 'The Ranch' on my iPad through Netflix. I got out of bed to get my coffee and then returned to my nest for another hour of shows.

When I decided it was time to start the day, I emptied the clothes line of Adoring Husband's entire wardrobe ... or so it seemed ... folding as I did it! Did my own washing and then as I filled my water bottle, I noticed a pineapple sitting on the bench.

It had been there for almost a week and those little fruit flies were hovering around it, so I decided to make some fruit juice.

Ninety minutes later I had before me:

  • a jug of pineapple, orange, apple and lime juice. 
  • a tray of Pina Colada coconut ice cream.
  • a tray of pineapple, apple and orange sorbet ... which has ended up as a big ice block because it's frozen solid haha. Ah well.
  • a clean kitchen.
After a phone call from AH to say that he would be home later than expected from his SES duties, I made myself some lunch and sat down in AH's recliner to watch the 'Beauty and the Beast' DVD, which I LOVED!!

I didn't have any motivation to go into my workspace, so I headed back to my nest and watched some more episodes of The Ranch until it was time to cook dinner.

So I'm feeling very happy and very rested this evening and I'm all decked out in my Queensland gear to watch the final State of Origin game tonight, which is just about to begin.

So it's good night from me and ...

QUEENSLANDER!!!

Nite all.
 

No comments: