Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Big Fat NO.

Considering how late I went to bed last night - 1.30am - I was awake far too early at 7.30am!

Adoring Husband brought my coffee to me in bed, before he prepared himself for a big day of fishing.

I watched a couple of educational videos on my iPad until it was time to get ready for my movie date with Lady Lynn. We arrived at the cinema with time to spare and Lady Lynn was kind enough to shout my ticket in for the movie "Rough Night".

An hour into the movie, Lady Lynn leaned across and said "Are you finding this funny?"

"No. Not at all." I replied.

After another few minutes, I leaned over and said "If, at any stage, you wish to leave, I will be right behind you."

She said "I'll leave the decision to you."

I looked at my watch and said "We are halfway through it already. I don't think it's going to get any better. Let's go."

We left the other five patrons in the cinema - there didn't seem to be any laughter coming from them either.

Lady Lynn and I agreed that it was not the slightest bit funny and was quite offensive in some parts. Kate McKinnon, who I absolutely loved in Ghost Busters, played an Australian and her attempt at our accent was a combination of Kiwi, Aussie and American. Very off putting.

We were so disappointed and I sent a text to The Blonde Bombshell berating her for her high recommendation last week.

The best part about the day was spending some quality time with Lady Lynn who is a shining gem in my world.

We arrived home at the same time as Adoring Husband who'd had an enjoyable, but unsuccessful fishing trip. I was hoping that we would have fish for dinner! Instead, it was curried beef!

This afternoon, I've watched some football, I've done some reading and there was a touch of study.

It's already after 11pm so I think I need to be in bed before midnight.

Nite all.

No comments: