Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Will I? Or Won't I?

I had decided to NOT attend this month's lady's luncheon because the GF options on the menu of the selected restaurant, were very limited.

However, Reality TV Queen is back from her extended holiday and will be in attendance, along with 21 or 22 other ladies. That's a big crowd and the only really important person who will be missing from this lunch, is Lady Lynn (sad face).

So I've decided that I WILL attend and to take a piece of cooked chicken with me and order a garden salad to have with it.

Adoring Husband seems to think that I could be asked to leave if I do that. If that's the case, I have a back up plan haha.

It's my little secret.

We had a great coffee morning with seven of us all cackling like mother hens around the table and I didn't get home until after 11am.

I wasted an hour fluffing about until Adoring Husband returned home from SES duties and then made him some lunch before retreating to my workspace.

I watched some training videos in the Academy, researched some additional plugins for my website and partially wrote a post for the Life As Roz Knows It blog.

It was great to receive a phone call from Number One Son this evening and we talked for about 30 minutes before dinner. He has applied for a job in Sydney and it's looking pretty positive at this point. Good luck to him!!

That's all folks!

Nite all.

No comments: