Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

State of Origin Number Two

Here I sit on my couch, wearing my State of Origin shirt and my silver Queensland charm necklace, tasting the promise of victory - it's a do or die game tonight for we Queenslanders!

Kick off is any minute, so this is a quick post so that I can watch the game from Go to Woe.

Today, I posted a recipe onto my website and wrote another post about decluttering, which I'll add to the site early next week.

I returned a phone call about the funding that I applied for on the weekend, but the girl with whom I need to speak, was not available. We'll try again tomorrow.

We had a big lunch of Honey Roasted Vegetables with roast chicken and gravy for lunch, so our dinner was a light chicken and gravy roll.

I did plenty of rebounding while I worked and feel quite energised for it! But I haven't been drinking enough water, so I've been trying to make up for it this afternoon and this evening. I knew that I needed to drink because I started to get a headache and I don't usually get headaches.

Oh my goodness that game has started. It's hard and fast. Gotta go!!

Nite all.

No comments: