Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Origin Time

Congratulations to all Blues supporters for an awesome win in the first State of Origin game of the series. Great game. Great team. Great win.

I did not like the score line very much at all ...


I've had a great day today (apart from the State of Origin loss) and it all started with breakfast at Aquavue with Adoring Husband. French toast with bacon, banana and maple syrup. YUM! However, I was advised, after I had already eaten some of it, that the icing sugar that had been sprinkled over the banana, contained gluten. Ugh! I had already ingested it, so that was disappointing.

We heard on the news last night that the Pier Markets were on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so after breakfast we headed down to Urangan Pier.

The markets consisted of 6 stalls, none of which had anything worth handing money over for their goods. We were very disappointed.

Next, I wanted to go browsing through a clothes shop called Luxe, but we discovered that it doesn't open until 10am and it was only 9am. I was very disappointed.

We stopped at Go Natural to get some coconut sugar, which cost about $8. We left with $105 worth of fruit, veg and kombucha!

Because Go Natural didn't have the nut butter that I need for those delicious cookies that I baked yesterday, we drove to Nana's Pantry, but they too, didn't have any. So I bought the three types of nuts  - almonds, Brazil nuts and cashews - so that I could make my own.

Our final stop was Stocklands, to stock up on dog food so I don't run out while Adoring Husband is away. We left the supermarket with quite a bit more than that, but we were headed home before 11.30am.

I spent the afternoon laying out the majority of my jewellery on the dining room table ...






There is not enough room for it all and I'll have to set up two more tables. One for more jewellery and one for the wallets and bags and the journals.

So much stuff.

At least everything will be set up, so whatever is left after the party next week can be photographed where it is and I will finally be able to load everything onto the website.

Oh! I also received a package in the mail today with an order that I made just over 24 hours prior to receiving it! Amazing!!

New Business Cards that are SO much nicer than the old ones.


Thank you postcards ...


And a sign to use at the markets or at my (our) shop, if/when it finally becomes reality.


I love it all!

So half of our day had some disappointments and the other half had some happy wins!

Anyway, it's after midnight, and we have an early appointment tomorrow. Best get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: