Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Lotta Ladies. Lotta Noise.

I didn't need to be ready for my ride to lunch until 11am, so I had plenty of time to get ready this morning ... in theory.

The trouble was that I asked Adoring Husband to go to the butcher to pick up our meat order and to check the mail while he was there.

He came home from the Post Office with a package for me, which was full of new bracelets and snap buttons. There were 19 new buttons (not counting the two at the bottom of the first row).


I simply had no choice but to go through them all one by one, trying the buttons on different bracelets, putting combinations of buttons together on the 5 button bracelets and creating the perfect bracelet to wear to lunch today!


Some time later, after the excitement and novelty wore off for me, I realised that it was 10.15am!! This meant that I only had 45 minutes to get ready.

Ugh.

Due to my self imposed time restraints, I had to forego washing my hair and rushed around like a chook with it's head cut off to get ready in time for my lift!

Maid Marian arrived right on time and luckily it only took me a minute to finish racing around and be ready to walk out the door.

I think there were 23 of us at lunch today. We were the only people in the restaurant and made a hell of a noise all talking over the top of each other attempting to catch up on our news.

I had to put my fingers in my mouth to whistle very loudly and capture their attention for this photo!


Beauty was nice enough to get this photo of me with the lovely Tweedle Dee...


Lunch was interesting. It was at an Irish Pub and I don't think I've ever seen so much food served on such large plates for each person. Very few of us were able to eat everything on our plates (as you can see by the plate in front of me).

I had Chicken and Prawns with mash and vegetables. It was nice and I received the pensioner discount without even asking for it! I'm thinking that I should probably be insulted lol, but grateful to pay $27 instead of the price on the menu which was $30. My vodka and tonic cost me $6 and my coffee only cost $3!

After we all parted ways, a few of us took a slight detour and spent some time at the local Bowls Club before returning home.

It was a good day and I'm glad that Tweedle Dee convinced me to go.

Next month will be a trip across the river on the barge to Woodgate, where we will have Christmas in July at the pub. I'm looking forward to that one and we've already fully booked the boat.

I'm looking forward, also, to a quiet day at home tomorrow, although I have a few visitors coming to look at my jewellery and Reality TV Queen will be picking up her Le Reve order that was delivered while she was away.

I may even have an early night tonight!

Nite all.

No comments: