Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 4, 2017

I'm SO done!

It was difficult getting out of bed this morning.

I'd slept for a solid eight hours and woke up to spend an hour reading, and enjoying a slow start to the day, but eventually, I needed my morning coffee and since Adoring Husband is not here, I had to go get it myself!

Lucky for me, it was a glorious day, so it was an enjoyable ride to the shops.

It was 10am by the time I got home and I sat down to enjoy my coffee before beginning the tasks on my 'to do' list. I turned on the TV to discover yet another terrorist disaster in England. Ugh. The world is now on notice .. expect the unexpected .. anywhere and anytime. It's so horrible and the ripple effect touches us all.

I can't even comprehend how devastating it must be for the friends and family of those who were attacked. Strength, love and light to them.

When I couldn't watch any more on TV, I switched off (so easy for me to walk away - unlike those who are directly affected - and I felt shame) and started working in the kitchen.

Before I started cleaning, I seared a rolled lamb roast and popped it in the oven. That will be my lunch meat for the next few days.

I listened to 80s music on the radio while I cleared out my fridge, cleaned all the shelves and drawers, restocked with the still fresh food and then cleaned the outside as well. I filled a medium garbage bag with everything that was out of date or rotting.


Next I started on the pantry. It was chockers full of bags of flours and sugars and grains and seeds and nuts and cooking chocolate and powders and dried fruits and goodness knows what else! It took a long time to sort through it all and combine bags and store them in sealed containers.

There was plenty of out-of-date packets to toss out and I filled another medium bag to put in the sulo bin. By the time I'd finished, three hours had passed since I began my kitchen cleanout.


After that, I needed a break, so I sat down to watch the football .. a very stressful game where the team that I had chosen in my footy tips lost by just one point UGH!! It was my only incorrect tip for the week, so I missed out on a perfect round because of it.

I desperately wanted that game win, to have even a remote chance of catching the tipping comp leader (who just happens to be Adoring Husband) in the near future.

After the footy, I headed back to the kitchen in disgust and began scrubbing the stove and exhaust fan, clearing the bench tops and decluttering paperwork and recipe books, scrubbing tiles and building up a sweat.


Very satisfying to finally have a clean kitchen, although I should clear out the drawers, but that can wait til another day.

I was pretty happy with my Enjo cleaning products during this process. The cleaning paste for the stove and tiles was fabulous and made the job so much easier. The fibrous cloth for wiping it afterwards was also amazing.

Good enough that I am now looking forward to attending an Enjo party this month and will check out the other products available.

Adoring Husband has been having such a good time down in Armidale with his mate, that he has spent a total of six minutes on the phone with me since he left. This is my passive aggressive way of making him feel guilty enough to spend eight minutes talking to me tomorrow *wink wink*

I can't believe that it's already 10.30pm!  I'm off to bed!

Nite all.

No comments: