Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Happy Dancing

Honestly, I can't recommend this stuff highly enough.

ekoWorx is my new best friend and I am obsessed!

I walk around the house with my atomiser bottle and a cloth, thinking to myself ... "I wonder if it will work on this?!"

Today, I had a massive win!

In our hallway, ever since we moved in, there has been a splash mark low on the wall. I think the builders or some kind of tradie in the house splashed something on the wall and didn't clean it off. Whatever is was, set hard and fast on the wall. It was the colour of treacle and it set like shiny concrete.

We have tried every cleaner known to mankind on that mysterious splash, we've tried steam cleaning, we've even tried to scrape it off with a paint scraper to no avail. I figured that when it was time to repaint the house, we would have to sand it off before applying the new paint.

Today, while I was wandering around the house spot cleaning the walls, I stopped at this hideous and annoying splash and thought "I doubt if it will work, but I'm going to try ekoWorx on it".

I had to apply and rub the ekoWorx three times to get it off, BUT IT CAME OFF!!

I tell you, I did a little happy dance up and down the hallway feeling very pleased with myself. Even Adoring Husband was amazed because he too had tried many different ways to remove it!

Even though I climbed out of bed with every intention of going immediately to my workspace and spending the day absorbed in my studies and adding to the website, I was very quickly distracted and ended up spending my entire day cleaning!

I made some breakfast - tomato and onion on a GF bread roll - the new Helga rolls - delicious.

I dragged out the slow cooker and put a big batch of chicken broth on for 22 hours.

I put a very large load of washing in the machine, then stripped the bed and put my new Doona cover on the Doona using this method ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOhjljieqs

... it was SOOOOO easy, I can't believe how much time I've wasted over the years wrestling with my Doona when I change covers!

Even if I do say so myself, it looks fabulous!


From there, I cleaned the main bathroom and toilet with ekoWorx and then lay out my new teal bath mats, which look great.


Another load of washing in the machine, hung out the big load, took other washing off the line.

Swept the floors. Mopped (with my new ekoWorx mop) the little black doggy footprints off the floors. This morning, Colli went running in the wet grass, then across the black sand and then straight inside onto the tiles! Bloody hell!

I walked around the house spot cleaning walls and skirting boards until the Blonde Bombshell popped in to have a look at the ekoWorx bundle and while she was here, she even did some shopping!!

After all of that, super Saturday football started, so I had to sit down to watch the footy.

So far, I'm doing well with my footy tipping, although I'm not confident about this last game between Roosters and Storm. I've tipped Roosters, but the Storm are winning by 6 points at half time.

I feel it might be an early night for me tonight.

Part of my studies for working an online business includes a section in decluttering your house - which I totally understand, because some days I struggle to focus, knowing that there are chores to be done in the house.

My 'declutter' list includes:

  • Clearing out the linen cupboard.
  • Pulling out the washing machine, cleaning behind it and cleaning the big glass sliding door.
  • Pulling out the bed and the side tables and giving it all a good dusting and a clean.
  • Both the spare bedrooms need to be cleared.
  • Windows need to be washed.
  • Bathroom drawers need to be cleaned out.
  • Kitchen cupboards need to be emptied, crockery culled and shelving washed. 
  • Spare wardrobes need to be cleared and the clothes need to go to charity.
  • Ceiling fans need to be cleaned.
  • Dressing table needs to be cleared and I need to cull a LOT of jewellery that I haven't worn in years.
I'm sure that I have other stuff on the list on my desk. It's time to write the jobs on cards, pin them to the cork board again and work through them like we did last year.

Gawd, I'm exhausted just thinking about it!! Small steps.

What I really need to do, is earn enough money with my website to hire a cleaner!! I'll put that on my wish list :)

I'm off to watch the last half of footy.

Nite all.

 

No comments: