Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Good and Proper

It was raining this morning, so instead of riding to the Post Office, Adoring Husband was kind enough to drive me there.

I was a bit disappointed to discover that none of my orders arrived in the mail today. I was certain that the important one would be there. Maybe tomorrow.

After spending about 30 minutes doing some random housework, like removing the dry clothes from the line, decluttering the seat beside where I sit on the couch (I tend to accumulate a lot of paperwork, books, pens, jewellery and other crap), and making the marinade for our chicken wings for lunch, I made a beeline for my workspace.

Let me think what I achieved in my productive day.

I completed the first part of a mini 'Get Rich Lucky Bitch' course. Funnily enough, Part One was all about decluttering. Decluttering your house. Decluttering your relationships. Decluttering your health.

There is much to declutter!

I finished the Social Media course from the Academy, which I'd begun about six weeks ago, and then commenced the Product Marketing course, which is interesting and from which I have a LOT to learn!

I almost ordered some books from the recommended reading list. Some under the 'Business' heading, some under 'Marketing' and some under 'Business Biographies'. I decided that I already have about six books that I need to read before I consider purchasing any more!

I printed out the 'Magic Money Making Kit', which is basically a monthly checklist of tasks to do to run a successful online business. Both 'simple' and 'amazing' ideas that need to be done religiously to keep momentum and improve business.

I added more to my book ideas and now I need to create some sketches and artwork to use in the book. This has to be a priority now, while maintaining the website a bit more efficiently than I have been of late.

I decluttered my desk and sideboard. I removed my flaking office chair and replaced it with my exercise ball on top of my rebounder - much more fun to sit upon!

In the middle of all that, I cooked the chicken wings for lunch and then tonight, made some meat patties to cook for home made hamburgers. Lots of onion, zucchini, capsicum, tomato, kimchi and home made spicy tomato sauce.

So this is my desk 'before' and you have to wait until Friday to see the 'after' ...


We've got a trip to Scaryborough tomorrow to meet with Best Cousin in the World. She has some LorraineLea stuff for me to pick up and I have to return her recipe book.

So I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: