Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 5, 2017

Cleaning Bug

Instead of Spring cleaning, I am Winter cleaning.

Today, my focus was the oven, but I must admit that it was a half hearted effort.

Judge me if you will, but I rarely clean my oven. I do a LOT of my cooking in the oven too, because I hate standing over the stove and wasting time in the kitchen. This is why the slow cooker and the oven are my best friends .. because I can do the preparations, shove it in the oven and then walk away.

The state of my oven is/was pretty disgusting.


I used the Enjo cleaning paste which removed almost all the baked on dirt and grease with just a chux wipe! There was a little muck left over that needed scrubbing, but I didn't put much effort into it and only spent 80 minutes to get a decent result.


Cleaning the sliding doors to the outdoor area was on my 'to do' list today, but I just couldn't be bothered. I guess I'll add it to tomorrow's list.

I made a cauliflower and broccoli soup for dinner tonight, which was lovely, but jeez I made a mess in my clean kitchen! I'm about to give it a good clean before I go to bed. It's not even 8.30pm and I'm hoping to be in bed by 9.30pm.

The only other cleaning that I did, was the floor in the kitchen/family room.

This was my view while chatting with the boys at The Seat of Knowledge this morning...


There is still plenty to do tomorrow, so I'm off!

Nite all.

No comments: