Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Another One Bites the Dust

I'm referring to the day.

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay today.

I bought a couple of small round tables on which I plan to practise mosaics.

I bought some make up from Big W.

I replaced my stock of coconut ice cream.

I checked the local Art/Craft store for mosaic materials. Zilch.

Adoring Husband renewed his licence.

We were home by lunch time.

Lady Lynn came for a quick visit.

I opened my holiday money tin and was disappointed to see that it was only half full! It felt almost full to the top! There was more than $1000 in it, so AH and I packed all the gold coins into the little plastic bags and took them to the Post Office to deposit that lovely money into my safe bank account.

There were two packages at the Post Office today. One for me, which was a top I ordered a while ago, and a BIG box sealed in plastic that had "Smithurst and Griffin Retirement" as the header line on the address.

Inside the box was a wine cooler, a set of barbecue tools presented in a hard silver box with clip locks, a barbecue apron, two hats, a pen, a stubby holder and a couple of fridge magnets ... from our financial advisor.

I wonder what the really rich customers received in their retirement box????

I'm looking forward to receiving a couple more packages this week.

That was it for my day!

No work!

My Monday, which is usually my most productive day of the week, because it's the only day that I have wholly and completely to myself, was frivolously wasted. Now I have to find a way to make up for it.

Still, it was nice to spend time with Adoring Husband and it was a beautiful day, so it wasn't really wasted was it?

It's almost midnight.  I'd best get some sleep so that I can be up bright and early for coffee with the girls.

Nite all.

No comments: