Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Abundantly Clear

It's abundantly obvious that I have money blocks that I need to clear.

You could probably spend a good deal of time writing down many stories from your childhood, youth and adult years where money was a problem.

Can you hear your parents or your partner or even you saying "No, we can't afford it." or "That's too expensive." or "We've got three bills to pay this month, so we need to be careful with our money." or "You've got enough pairs of shoes." or "We can't touch our savings." or "Don't be so extravagant!" or "Turn off the air conditioner or our power bill will be too high."

Do you remember scrounging around in the bottom of your bag to find enough money for that loaf of bread?

Do you worry about breaking that $50 note because it will disappear faster?

Do you wait until that beautiful dress is on sale, only to discover that your size has gone?

Do you have memories of your father getting into trouble for spending the last of the house money on a horse race or a bottle of beer?

Did your parents struggle to find the money for you to go on a school excursion?

Did you wish that you could afford to give your kids the $200 Nike shoes like all the other kids had, instead of the $20 daggy K-Mart runners?

Did you ever have to live in Government Housing because you couldn't afford anywhere else?

Did you ever have to choose between health insurance or house and contents insurance because you couldn't afford both? Or perhaps you couldn't afford any?

Did you ever have to go to the emergency ward at the hospital because you couldn't afford to go to the doctor's surgery?

On the opposite end of the spectrum ...

Did you ever have to miss out on something amazing, like a weekend away or a show because your friend couldn't afford it?

Have friends or acquaintances made the "Life is tough for SOME people." comment because you have regular holidays, or buy a lot of shoes, or wear expensive jewellery or eat at nice restaurants?

Do friends or family often ask to borrow money because they think that you are 'well off'?

Do you listen to people make judgements and derogatory comments about others who appear to be wealthier than the average person?

Honestly, there is so much negativity surrounding money, earning, saving, spending, budgeting etc.

One of my courses required me writing down every money memory that I could think of. I filled ten pages in an hour and every day, I think of more. Both positive and negative .. but mostly negative.

Those are the memories that need to be let go. Decluttering and cleansing the negative money memories and creating new positive beliefs and plans for future money experiences.

There are so many opportunities to create personal wealth and brilliant ideas just waiting for action, but money blocks prevent or limit forward movement.

On top of money blocks, are the self beliefs. Not smart enough. Not good enough. Not fast enough. Not pretty enough. Not skinny enough. Not qualified enough. Not competent enough. Not talented enough. Not strong enough. Not brave enough. Blah. Blah. Blah.

These imagined failings are mostly believed by older women, of themselves, because history has given us roles that were usually caring or supportive roles and we rarely cared for, or about ourselves. We Baby Boomers were always looking out for the men and children. Women held everything together or worked the menial jobs, while the men went out and paved the way for future generations of other men.

Well, guess what ...


The times have changed. With today's technology, opportunities are there for everyone to take hold and create an abundant future for themselves. I want to grab my opportunities and break down my self built barriers every time I hit them ... and I know there will be many along the way ... keeping the momentum will be my challenge.

I have a 'shit to do' journal. It will help keep me on my forward path.

One of the best things to help keep me energised on my forward journey, is a good night's sleep!

So ...

Nite all.    


No comments: