Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wetter and Cooler

I think it's safe to say that everybody is happy with the cooler, wetter change that we are currently experiencing with our weather.

Everybody (except me) has brought out the long sleeves and the tracky dacks.

I *LOVE* this weather.

My whole day has been spent indoors - but NOT due to the weather.

I didn't even wake up until 9.30am - it was almost 1.30am when I climbed into bed and about 2am when I fell asleep, so I guess it's to be expected - but I actually woke up quite often during the morning and looked at my watch, which had stopped at 7.10am and my semi sleeping brain just didn't register that the hands had stopped moving and I kept thinking 'just 5 more minutes'.

Eventually, Adoring Husband brought my coffee in saying "At last. You're awake!"

I said "What do you mean 'at last'?" He replied "It's 9.30am"

I cursed.

However, I didn't get out of bed. Instead, I sat up in bed enjoying my coffee and checking my emails - which contained quite a few jewellery sales that I wasn't expecting! What a pleasant surprise!

It was an amazing way to start my day.

At 10.30am I got dressed and went straight to my workspace.

I priced, logged and photographed some more of my jewellery.


I selected the winner of my Leonie Dawson pack from the people who had subscribed to my website and followed the other instructions that were on my Facebook page.

I packaged up the jewellery to mail off to my new customers tomorrow.

I had a short visit from Lady Lynn and LL Mini Me, which was lovely. My rebounder got a workout while Lady Lynn perused my wares. It was a lovely visit but LL Mini Me was unusually quiet until it was time to leave.

This afternoon, I added a short post to my website to announce the winner of my give away.

I created some memes and quotes to add to Pinterest and Facebook.

I began planning my first photography lesson and challenge for Romance Your Life.

I cooked a quick crispy skinned chicken thigh fillet with a side of cucumber, capsicum, avocado, onion and grape salsa, some kimchi and a squirt of my special spicy tomato sauce.

After dinner, I watched a 30 minute preparation video for a course about building and increasing business online. It was more motivational, than factual .. but I tend to respond better to motivational stuff anyway.

I also watched Britain's Got Talent and sat here with tears rolling down my cheeks after watching those precious little Irish kids sing in their choir and then receive four 'yeses' to continue to the next round. They were so adorable.

Now, it's after 11pm and I really need to get some sleep. We have a big day in The Bay tomorrow and I don't want to sleep in until 9.30am again!

Nite all.

No comments: