Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Today Was Nice!

Adoring Husband had official SES business this morning, which meant that I could spend a couple of hours at Stocklands on my own.

This is a dangerous thing.

One pair of shoes, eight tops, one pair of long black pants and two lipsticks later, Adoring Husband appeared in his uniform and we continued shopping. A haircut for him, a new suitcase for me, a jumper for him (because he will be heading south soon where it's bloody cold!) and some groceries.

Now RUN for the car and don't look back!!

The best part about this time of year, is that the shops are full of Winter clothes and there is always a sale rack FULL of very cheap Summer clothes. I just can't stand wearing sleeves and it doesn't get cold enough here to wear sleeves anyway.

Everything I bought today was at least 50% off and some had a further 50% off the sale price, so at least I was budget conscious!

I LOVE my new suitcase (which was also on sale). Adoring Husband purchased it for me. My old suitcase is about ten years old and has been well and truly worn out. The wheels have worn down and the corners are frayed, so it was time to replace it before the wheels fell off in the middle of a trip.

So no work was performed in my workspace today, but there was a little bit of housework here and there.

Both Adoring Husband and I had a very short nap on the couch late this afternoon, which is not so unusual for him, but very unusual for me!

Here I am, just after midnight, thinking about bed, so ...

Nite all.

No comments: