Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Three Hours

Every Saturday morning, I share the fastest three hours of the week with a bunch of great ladies.

It seems to pass in the blink of an eye. We laugh and we tell stories about our lives or the week just gone  or our husbands and their unique foibles, or our kids. The conversations only waiver when we have to focus on our art in front of us!

We give each other such a hard time and we make fun of our teacher a lot. We drink coffee and we have a roster for lunches. It's my turn again in two weeks. Since I started classes, the girls always use gluten free bread for sandwiches, which makes me feel very special.

Ten minutes before the class finishes, we all scurry about, cleaning our areas and washing the tools and dishes so that our teacher is left with a clean studio.

Have I told you how much I love it?

I really love it.

This is one of my projects that I have in progress right now ...


It's going to be a pottery house number tile. This is the leather tile that I am cutting the shapes out of so that the soft clay tile shape can be pressed into it. After that's done, I then stain and paint the clay tile before it goes into the kiln for firing.

Next week, we start a new project! I still have this and the clay bauble mobile in progress, so I've brought this one home to finish cutting out the shapes before next week.

Tonight for dinner, I did duck breast with a parsnip and carrot puree. It was delicious, but afterwards, Adoring Husband felt the need for dessert. I had a container each of chopped pineapple and banana in the freezer, so I tossed it in the food processor with half a cup of coconut milk and a drizzle of maple syrup and blended it til it was smooth. I grated some dark chocolate over the top and served a big bowl of it to him.

With my own bowl of ice cream, I sprinkled some Himalayan salt over the top and drizzled some more maple syrup over it. I think it would be delicious with salted candied walnuts! I will definitely put the recipe for the pineapple ice cream on my website ... tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I have one more video to watch from a mini course that I'm doing .. to learn how to do webinars. I don't think I will ever be brave enough to do a webinar, but you never know!

For now, I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: