Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 5, 2017

The Fast Day

I can't believe how quickly today passed.

I had a few errands to run this morning. I visited The Motivator very briefly. I did a couple of loads of washing. I rode to the Post Office. I put together my outfit for the Murder Mystery night. I put together my outfit for tonight. I made a few business phone calls and I sat for about an hour.

My new neighbour hand delivered a plate of beautifully presented mini carrot cakes with some kind of delicious looking cream frosting very artistically swirled on each cake and then topped with a walnut.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'm gluten free, so I accepted them graciously and will take them to my art class tomorrow for the girls to enjoy.

I made a big batch of Hainan Chicken that should last me the entire weekend. That makes meals easy!

Oh and when I spoke to the Manager of the Bowl's Club this afternoon, she told me that some people had dropped out of the Murder Mystery night and she invited both Lady Lynn and I to take on those characters for the night. This should make for an interesting night.

Our table was quite lucky at the Club tonight, with three prizes being won in the raffles. I was NOT one of them .. not that it matters, because I can't eat 90% of the prizes due to my dietary restrictions.


It was nice to have Tweedle Dee join us for the evening for the first time too!

So that was my day!

Now I need to sleep because I will be up bright and early to go to work. I pray for dry weather.

Nite all.

No comments: