Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Terrific Tuesday

Another excellent start to Tuesday.

I was a bit late this morning because I didn't wake up until 8am! It was 9am by the time I met the girls and they were all wondering where I was because I'm usually the first one there!

We spent about 90 mins chatting and laughing and causing a ruckus, before we all said our goodbyes and headed off to greet our respective days.

Some of us had more stressful days than others. Some with Drs appointments and medical tests, some packing in preparation for long caravan trips away, some dealing with sick and sore husbands and others, like me, to do nothing but enjoy the company of my friend and then my husband.

The Motivator shared some magic formula with me, we talked some business, I bought some delicious sand crabs and I agreed to do something positive towards my website ... I think ... but somewhere between there and home, I got side tracked and distracted!

I came home and shelled the crabs, watched the previous night's episode of The Voice, made a salad for the monthly friend's barbecue at the park, constructed a gift box from the slabs of cardboard that I ordered at the Gift Fair (who knew they would arrive in separate flat packs that required constructing?! Ugh.) and I didn't once do any work towards my website.

It was a nice night at the park tonight with a brief, but beautiful sunset and the company of good friends to wile away another 90 minutes of the day.


I didn't have any alcoholic beverages tonight, but finished off my afternoon coffee and then drank water.

Tomorrow, I plan on spending the day at my desk. I still have a 'to do' list that needs to be completed!

And look at this! It's way past midnight!

Nite all.


No comments: