Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I'm so Lucky!

Today, I want to celebrate my lucky life!

I have so much to feel excited and happy about.

For a start ... I spent almost the entire day IN bed and IN my pyjamas! How many of you would feel comfortable doing that? How many of you would feel overwhelming guilt about staying in bed when you're not sick? How many of you have partners who would question such self indulgence?

Most women have been conditioned to get out of bed at a certain time. We have a daily routine or schedule that we follow every day and we fill our days with productive activities and express feelings of boredom if we have 'time' on our hands.

Not me!

I ordered a book a couple of weeks ago called 'Get Rich, Lucky Bitch' by Denise Duffield-thomas and I started reading it last Friday. I hadn't had a chance to get back to it, so I decided that today, I would stay in bed until I finished it.

Adoring Husband brought my morning coffee, just as he always does, but today he made my lunch and delivered that to me in bed too!

It was after 2pm by the time I read the last page and closed the book. And what a great book it was! It inspired me and my imagination is going crazy with money making ideas that I hope to bring to fruition in the coming months and years. Who knew that I could think long term??

So I'm feeling incredibly blessed. I have a husband who supports my indulgences and understands the time and effort required to establish a business, giving me the space and support to do just that.

I have friends who encourage me with my big ideas and who get excited by my successes providing me with emotional support and inspiration to push through the rough spots.

I enjoy a lifestyle that that nurtures my very being.

My kids make me proud in so many ways and for so many reasons. Each of them have their own strengths, intelligence and abilities that amaze me. I breed them tough. I miss all three of them and love them very much. Olive Juice. Thanks for calling. Full Stop No Returns.

I feel healthier and stronger now, than I have for about twenty years.

Life is very good and I am incredibly lucky!

After coming to all of these realisations, I spent a couple of hours in my workspace, where I watched an educational and inspirational video for 35 mins, cleared 2,000 emails (YES, that reads two thousand emails) and checked the stats on my Facebook and Pinterest accounts. I also had one new subscriber to my website today, which was exciting. Once the initial wave of subscribers passed, it seems to be pretty slow going.

I did have one more sale today though, so that's five in three weeks. Small steps haha, but still impressive, comparatively speaking (i.e. compared to most other longer running websites in the academy), so I'm still happy with my progress.

Right now, I'm deciding whether to stay awake and watch the 2nd Bridget Jones movie, or go to bed!

Nite all.

No comments: