Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy Day

Tuesday is my happy day.

Morning tea with the girls is always a favourite part of my week. There were only four of us very briefly today, but the Blonde Bombshell (aka Yip Yip) left early due to other commitments and then our group reduced further when Lady Lynn had to leave early to visit Happy Harry.

A big shout out to Happy Harry who is having troubles with his health at the moment. May the golden orb of good health swallow your illness and leave you glowing and improving at a rapid rate. Big warm hugs to you xo

Our morning tea group increased again to three when The Motivator appeared and we invited her to join us. We hope that she will join us again in the future!

From morning tea, the three of us walked to the art room which is located behind the Elder's building.  It's a beautiful big space with lots of art and craft products for sale and a big table to work at for people who join the painting workshops. It would have been an ideal space for The Motivator and I to use for our ideas, but alas, it obviously wasn't meant to be.

I returned home to eat lunch and then escaped to my workspace while Adoring Husband was out of the house on SES duties.

I added a new 'Healthy Habits' post on my website. By the time I formatted it to suit all of the devices (iPad, phone and laptop), it took much longer than I expected, so I think I need to figure out a more time efficient way to do that.

I printed out some manifesting sheets from the Lucky Bitch website.

I wrote out a list of recipes to put in my first recipe book.

I finalised an agreement with one affiliate.

I created and added another Quote pic  on Pinterest and Facebook.


I printed out a 'Hashtags for Dummies' course and worksheet. (I'll be able to better explain hashtags to Reality TV Queen next time I see her! She asked me questions at coffee one morning and I wasn't able to give her a lot of detail.) Reading that is on my 'to do' list tomorrow.

So, once again, even though I did quite a lot in five hours, there is still SO MUCH MORE to do. But I'm not panicking about it. I'm going with the flow, taking it as it comes and allowing it to progress all in good time. I'm teaching myself not to stress about it. It's a conscious effort though ... I have to stop my thoughts from leading to that stressful place! Just breathe.

Here we are at 10pm and I am off to bed.

Nite all.



  

No comments: