Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Get Fruity

Last night, Adoring Husband wanted dessert.

I knew this because as I walked out of the lounge room, he enquired "Are you going to get dessert?"

I replied "No" but then I walked out of the lounge room again later and he AGAIN asked "Are you getting dessert this time?"

So I went on a treasure hunt in my freezer and found some frozen pineapple and banana, which I whizzed up in the food processor with coconut milk and maple syrup to create fruity ice cream. Last night, I grated chocolate over the top, but today I tried something different.

I toasted some coconut flakes and I made salted caramel macadamia crumble to scatter over the ice cream.


This is my version of 'Fruit Whip Ice Cream' and you can find the recipe here.

This morning I visited The Motivator to deliver her Le Reve order. What was going to be a quick visit, ended up being a three hour visit!! Much was discussed, as always, and I left with that familiar feeling of motivation.

I rushed home to watch a webinar for which I had signed up this morning and even though I was 30 minutes late, the thirty minutes that I actually watched was great and I learned a lot.

Each free course and video that I watch gives me some new information.

There are so many free videos, each competing for my business, each at the end, wanting me to pay thousands to participate in their 'setting up website business' course.

I have watched about twenty five free videos so far.

Combined, those videos have provided me with so much valuable information, I'm certain that by now, I already know half of what their courses would teach me anyway!

At the end of today, I had recreated the dessert above and photographed the steps, edited the photos and added the recipe to my website, then added the link to my Facebook page.

Before I go to bed, I'll add it to my Pinterest page and perhaps Instagram as well.

So that's my Sunday.

Happy with my day.

Nite all.


No comments: