Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Saturday of Fun

What a day!

I made the very poor decision to stay in bed until an hour before I had to leave for Art. Then I remembered that I had to provide a plate of food for the Le Reve party which was going to follow straight after Art! So, imagine that it's 8.30am and I have an hour to play with.

I got up, got dressed, organised everything that I usually take to Art, accepted Adoring Husband's offer to drive me to the shops - I needed the ATM to get money to pay for my class and I needed food to create a quick platter,

We returned home and I rushed into the kitchen to make an avocado dip similar to guacamole, chopped some carrot, cucumber and celery sticks to dip into the avocado and then made a fruit platter with watermelon, grapes, kiwi fruit and mandarine.

I wrapped a pottery bowl to take with me because I wanted to show Teach what I would like my next project to be, packed all the food into the cold bag, gathered the Le Reve gift bags for the girls who ordered at my last party, tidied the kitchen and was ready for my lift which arrived right on time at 9.30am.

What a rush!

I enjoyed three hours of art, which involved creating another clay tile. I traced my drawing over the leather tile, drew over the faint lines to make it easier to work and then began carving the shapes out of the leather. It's slow work, but very therapeutic.

I now have four projects on the go.

Two clay tiles. One with the Tawny Frogmouth face and the second, a house number tile with a fancy design around it. My clay bust still has to be fired, but we have to wait for the school Art class to finish firing their work before we can use that kiln. The fourth project is a clay bauble mobile.

I love working with clay. REALLY love it.

After we cleaned up the studio, we moved to the outdoor area and waited for the Le Reve hostess to arrive. There was plenty of food, none of which I could eat - except for what I brought myself - which didn't bother me one little bit.

The girls were all telling funny stories about how they met their husbands and OMG, I thought I was going to wet myself! They were hilarious! Everybody has a story, but it's the way they tell it.

After some great belly laughs and a belly full of food, we'd all ordered our Le Reve goods and headed home. Instead of going home with my usual girls, I left with The Motivator so that I could carry her clay bust on my lap and then help her set up her new TV before The Fisher King arrived home from his day out on the ocean.

I realised that I forgot to get some meat out for dinner, but luckily I had a freezer full of Hainan Chicken, so it was easy to thaw and heat it up in a saucepan.

Now we have an evening of football for Super Saturday, but honestly I'm so exhausted, I think I'll head to bed shortly ... and it's not only 8pm!

I hope that I can spend Mother's Day in my workspace adding something new to my website as well as loading some more items into my shops. So many plans spinning around in my head!

But for now ...

Nite all.

No comments: