Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Flapping Good Time

It was a themed murder mystery night.

1920s New York Jazz was the theme.

Almost everybody was dressed in 1920s outfits, some amazing, some not so amazing, but the effort was admirable!





Our table of friends consisted of Leggy Blonde, The UPman, Beauty, The Beast, Lady Lynn, The Blonde Bombshell (aka yip yip), Tweedle Dee, The Garden King and last but not least, for the first time out and about at a social event, The Motivator!!

The Motivator looked fabulous in black sequins and pink feathers. Our ladies put in all the effort, while the men provided subtle touches that barely indicated fancy dress haha.

Even if I do say so myself, our table looked pretty good in costume. There were feathers and sequins and strings of pearls and fur and beading and fans and bling everywhere!

The mystery was tricky and even though I amazed myself and stepped forward after only one alcoholic beverage to introduce myself to the other characters and ask them about themselves, hoping to gather up some clues, at the end of the night I wasn't able to figure out who committed the murder.

It seems my Journey work in Sydney and Byron Bay has changed something inside me, because in my past life, I would never have had the confidence to walk up to strangers and initiate conversation the way I did tonight.

I even stepped up on the dance floor. I always sat out the dancing pre-Sydney.

So a good time was had by all and we were home around 9.30-ish.

I've watched the movie Conair and now it's well after midnight, so it's time for bed!

Nite all.

No comments: