Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 4, 2017

A Big Outing

The car had to go in for a big service today.

I accompanied Adoring Husband into The Bay so that I could shop for some items that could make up a decent costume for 1920s New York Jazz - which is the theme for the Murder Mystery night that I will be attending in the near future.

My 'fancy dress' wardrobe already includes a deliciously rich red feather boa and a black sequinned top that can easily fit into that theme. I have some long black beads and other pieces of jewellery that could fit the brief and I have a head piece as well.

So I needed some shoes that fit the 1920s style - I just happened to find a pair of red shoes, exactly the same red as my feather boa, in the style that I needed, AND they were on a sale rack for $15 and the only pair there were MY size.

How amazing is that? Ask the universe and ye shall receive.

Next, I needed a knee length skirt. I was thinking black, silver or beaded. I bought 3 skirts. One is shiny black and one is shiny silver - they were on a sale rack for $10 and then I found a black skirt with different coloured metallic beads and it only cost $7 so I bought it too - just so that I could stretch my options because I wasn't sure how any of them would look with my sequinned top.

I wanted some stockings or pantyhose with a seam at the back of the leg, but I couldn't find a pair like that anywhere, so I bought some plain black stockings and will draw the line either on my leg or on the pantyhose!

Finally, we visited Spotlight and bought some fringing, which I hope to add to one of the skirts - my sewing skills have been in hibernation for many years, so we'll see how that pans out!

I didn't even think about make up, so I'm a bit concerned about how I'll manage that side of it.

We bought some new DVDs - La La Land, Lion, Sing and 10 Things I Hate About You which is one we had, but it disappeared from our collection. I had leant a few to Mum H a few years back and some got sucked out of her lounge room by the tornado. I think it may have been in that collection. So now we will gradually replace the ones that are missing.

We enjoyed a delicious late lunch at Aquavue while we waited for the call from the car yard. Five hours is a long time to kill while you wait for a car to be serviced!

Since we still hadn't heard from them by the time lunch was finished, I bought some ice cream from Go Natural and some coconut water and kimchi.

Finally the car yard called and we picked up the car. By the time we checked the mail, picked up our butcher order and got our afternoon coffee, we didn't get home until 4.30pm!

So it's been a big day and I'm ready for a big sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: