Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 17, 2017

Later Aligator!

It's the end of the Queensland school holidays! Yay!

Sadly, there is still a week of NSW school holidays, so I guess we will have a few tourists in town for another week.

The only time that I left the house over Easter, was to attend my Art class (out of town) on Saturday morning, so I haven't seen the crowds or dealt with the mayhem.

I'm led to believe that it was the biggest fishing classic in the 25 yr history of the event. The wind carried the announcements and the noise from the Lion's Park to our back yard on Saturday and Sunday, so I couldn't avoid the event completely.

I look forward to getting out and about tomorrow and meeting the girls for coffee.

I got quite a lot done today.

I cross matched my stock with each invoice to check the prices and then I started my inventory .. at least on paper.

I took photos of 90 pieces of jewellery, but there is more yet to do. Here are a few more.







It's a long and tedious task. Not so much the photography, but the editing to make them look presentable.

Still lots to do, but I think I have enough photos done, to at least open the jewellery shop by Friday.

It's time for me to sleep so that I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow for another day of work. I think I'll have a visitor to help me tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

Nite all.


No comments: