Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Art for Art's Sake

Today was the first time that I felt a touch of disappointment in my art during class.

We painted our clay tile ready for firing and my Tawny Frogmouth just doesn't look the way I envisioned.

I was so disappointed that I didn't even take a progress photo to share here!

We are doing a second tile and I'm creating my house number inside a heart with some swirling curvy lines and patterns around the outside - however - that could change between now and next Saturday! I've brought my drawing home and could quite possibly change it completely between now and then.

On a more positive note, it was nice to have The Motivator join us today and she made a really good start on her clay bust. She obviously has arty, farty, crafty talent in her blood and I think she will fit beautifully with the group.

I returned home and made lunch before retreating to my workspace to get the work done that I deferred from yesterday when I did a Bay run with The Motivator.

I need to contact my domain host to work out what to do next to acquire a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate, which will make my shop safe and secure for you if you want to buy anything.

I didn't even know that I needed one of those until I received an email this week, from an unknown source, telling me that my shop wasn't secure or safe for possible purchasers. So I did some research and still can't figure out why none of the instructional videos that I watched, made any mention of this.

Despite all of that, I do need a SSL, so that is my next mission.

One of the girls from Art is having a birthday lunch tomorrow at Arkarra Tea Gardens. There are twelve of us attending and it should be a nice afternoon, but I really need to spend more time on my website.

This is something that I need to work on. My work and life balance. My self discipline is, and always has been, a weakness that I need to work on.  That may have to be the next course I complete in the Academy.

My thoughts are that I should set myself daily work hours - although I expect my hours will need to be quite long in the first year, if I'm going to commit to making this a success. Like a marriage, the first year of business is the hardest.

I also noticed that even though my site looks good on my own mobile phone, some of the words in the titles are still overlapping on other people's phones. That's annoying too! I need to figure that out and fix it.

Anyway, I'm certain that you don't want to know the ins and outs of my website woes, so I'll sign off and head to bed for an early night. Adoring Husband took a while to turn off his alarm this morning and it startled me into a wakefulness that took me a while to recover from. I hate that.

I will use my essential oils to assist in a solid sleep tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: