Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday Setback

I woke up this morning feeling like utter crap.

My body ached all over and movement caused me great discomfort. Ankles, knees, hips, back, neck, every step and every twist and turn hurt. I felt like I'd been hit by a bus!

Not only that, but I felt sad and angry and unmotivated and lethargic and frustrated and miserable and completely out of sorts.

To a lesser extent, I have felt like this for three days, but today was much worse. I feel like my body has been building up to today's crescendo.

As tempting as it was to remain in bed and feel sorry for myself, I dragged myself to the bathroom, had a hot shower, got dressed and went for a ride on my trike.

I rode down to the river and followed the path. Because of the recent heavy rains, the river is not as clean and blue as it was when I left town a couple of weeks ago.

Against my better judgement, I decided to buy a coffee before visiting The Motivator. She and The Fisher King were sitting down to breakfast, so I joined them at the table and poured out my misery. I felt guilty for bringing my negativity to their Sunday, but I felt a little better for having done so.

After breakfast was finished, The Motivator and I caught up on our news and before I knew it, it was already after 12 noon!

I rode home and put a boneless leg of lamb in the oven with some vegetables and let them cook while I watched some more Grace and Frankie with Adoring Husband.

I was in no fit state to do any of things I planned for my day, so before, during and after lunch, I remained firmly parked on the couch.

We were invited to a neighbour's house for a barbecue dinner, so at 6pm, we hiked two doors up with our esky full of alcohol and enjoyed a very pleasant evening catching up with these neighbours, who I haven't spoken to for so long, I can't even remember.

I think that my body is struggling right now because of poor eating habits for the last 2 weeks, 6 weeks of travelling and being out of my regular routine, the knowledge that my week is so full that I'm not going to get anything done with my website and having an intimidating 'to do' list that is getting longer by the day.

Anyway, there were some interesting cloud formations this evening as we left for our dinner date ...



They were both taken at the same time. The top one looking East and the bottom one looking West.

... and I really love this quote ...


It's 11pm and I'm off to bed.

Nite all.  

 

No comments: