Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Margarita Success

My day began at 5am.

I don't know why, but for the second day in a row, I was wide awake at 5am!

So I got up, got dressed and got cracking in the kitchen.

I made a paleo chocolate birthday cake with a middle layer of strawberries and chocolate ganache and a top layer of chocolate ganache. Delicious!

I made apple and walnut muffins.

I made a big fruit platter.

I made two cheese platters.

I made guacamole dip.

I made a plate of veg sticks to dip.

I poured some plain chips into a bowl.

I made two jugs of Margarita mix.

I made a non alcoholic punch.

I made Midori Illusions.

I whipped cream.

I sliced limes.

I set up a tea/coffee station.

I set up a mini bar.

I printed out cocktail recipes.

I cleaned my bathroom.

I washed my hair.

It took me 6 hours to do all of that. I met a bunch of ladies at the pub for our monthly luncheon

I was home again by 1.15pm tidying up some loose ends in preparation for my guests.

Forgetful Steph arrived at 1.50pm to set up the Le Reve table, followed by my 7 guests who staggered their arrival.




It was great to have that many guests because 8 out of the 9 people who have standing first priority on my invitation list are currently out of town or committed elsewhere, so I was concerned that I would only have The Motivator and myself in attendance!

We drank Margaritas, Midori Illusions, Champagne and non alcoholic punch.

We sang happy birthday to Arty Cat and she blew out her candles.

It was a very successful party and I received more than $500 worth of products for $131.

I am having another party on 27th April. That will be my last. By then, I will have all the Le Reve products that I want.

It's 10.30pm and I am exhausted.

Nite all.

No comments: