Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Home Sweet Home

Well, it's been a fabulous month, absolutely jam-packed with family time, workshops, business, me time, shopping, health revelations, good food, comfy beds, friendly people and road trips.

The Motivator was a great travelling sidekick, business associate, workshop partner, shopping accomplice, dinner companion, roomie and personal driver!

We didn't slap each other even once. We played fair. We sang. We cried. We ate delicious, healthful food. We enjoyed some beverages. We supported each other. We laughed a LOT.

Our final night was incredibly comfortable in the beautiful resort room at the Oaks. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast this morning at the restaurant and because we were given a complimentary late check out, we took our time and really enjoyed the location.





After we checked out, The Motivator wanted to see the beach of Caloundra and this is what we found ...




The photos don't show just how spectacular the colour of the water was!

We went in search of a car wash because the car was still covered in dirt and dust from our hair raising adventure across the horror track going into Byron Bay. During the search, we discovered some Op Shops, so of course, we just had to browse and buy!

I got some shoes, two tops, some little crystal perfume pots and a beautiful Mikasa spun silk bowl for which I paid $30, and a quick Google search shows that it's valued at $68+

From there, we headed to Kunara Organic Markets for lunch and some shopping. The food was delicious! We bought bulk take-away treats to bring home, along with other gifts. Those gifts pretty much completely topped up the car and there was definitely no room for anything else.

We had no option but to return home and offload our booty!

We almost got hit by a storm in the West ...


... but luckily, we skirted around it.

We had to stop at The Motivator's house first to offload some of HER goods, so that we could access MY goods! So much stuff!

We bid our fond farewells and after a warm welcome home from AH, I began to unpack. I've still not finished unpacking, but I've put a good dent in it.

It's good to be home and here it is, almost 1am and I'm still sitting up!

I need sleep now.

Nite all.  





      

No comments: