Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Happy Landings

I had a fabulous night's sleep in the motel.

I set the air conditioner on 22C AND I turned the fan on low, pulled the doona up to my chin and settled in for a deliciously cozy night.

After about 7 hours of solid sleep, I lazed in bed with my iPad for an hour before preparing for my long day of travel. It was a pretty cruisy start to the day.

When I was ready, the motel manager drove me to the airport, which was a bonus I wasn't expecting!

Sunshine Coast Airport was surprisingly busy. I browsed the shops and saw lots of things that I wanted, but I didn't buy any of it. I think some of my "Journey" work in Byron Bay, may have had a positive effect on my spending.

The plane was pretty packed, and unfortunately, there were a LOT of children ranging in ages from about 6 months to about 12 years. Most of them were loud and cranky for the entire trip.

I tried to drown out their noise by opening the Virgin entertainment app, but it told me that entertainment was not available on this flight .. ugh!

My other dilemma was that my seat was 3 seats from the back of the plane, where the toilet was, so for the entire trip, I had a queue of people standing beside me as they waited their turn to use the dunny. The continual flushing was most off putting.

It was a smooth flight all the way until it was time to land. The pilot warned that the winds were in excess of 25knots, but oh what a ride it was til we hit the ground! I looked along the aisle and saw that at least ten men had their hands firmly grasping the back of the seat in front of them, and the closest three to me, gave an audible sigh of relief when we touched down safely.

While I waited for my luggage to appear on the carousel, I downloaded the Starbus app and ordered a bus that would take me directly to Vegan Chickie's front door. $18 for the 20km trip was definitely good value, even though my anorexic Indian bus driver spent most of the drive looking at his phone or talking on it. I felt less safe in the bus than I did on the plane during our hairy landing!

Vegan Chickie didn't tell Chicklet that I was here and as the lift doors opened and she saw me, I got the best greeting EVER! She yelled "BOZZY WOZZY!!!!" and ran into my arms. What an emotional moment for me!

We had about 90 minutes catching up before we walked to a nearby Vietnamese restaurant and ate the most delicious bowl of noodle soup with chicken and beef. So much flavour! Chilli oil on the table and fresh herbs in pots to cut and add to our bowls. So yummy and only $10!

Chicklet and I had a bedtime story and then Vegan Chickie and I sat up talking until 10.30pm. She has to be off early in the morning for her flight, so it's time to sleep now.

I love their little cuddle house. Very small and compact, but has everything they need and there is lots of light and windows and fresh air here on the 22nd floor. I think I'm going to be very comfortable here for the next week or so.

Nite all.

No comments: