Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 6, 2017

Gave Myself a Kick (You-know-where)

After a great trike ride this morning, I checked the mail, made a withdrawal from my bank, got some groceries and then visited The Motivator for two hours!

It didn't seem like it at the time, but it turned out to be a motivational visit, because I returned home in full productivity mode!

Do you remember the 'to do' cards that I made last year (one year ago to the day!) and pinned on the cork board? Adoring Husband and I selected a card every day or two and completed one chore each time. Within a month, we had finished all the major chores and the house was happy, decluttered and cleansed.


Well, today I made some more 'to do' cards for myself. There are 28 cards at this point, although I have completed some of them this afternoon, so that number has already reduced.

After I made the cards, I emptied my coloured drawers of jewellery making paraphernalia, gave the drawers a good wash and then filled them with gift boxes and the new jewellery that I bought at the gift fair last week.


The dining table was cleared of all my crap, but is now covered with the tackle boxes full of jewellery making gear, which I am going to bag and sell ... somehow.

I filed my catalogues and price lists, although not alphabetically or in any order. I threw them into a mini concertina file to get them out of the way, so that chore is only partially complete.

At least I feel a small sense of achievement at the end of today, and that puts me in a much better place than the last few days!

I'm looking forward to coffee with the girls tomorrow, although I'm not sure how many of them will even be available. There is a lot happening in all of our lives right now! Whoever turns up, I'll be happy!

Early to bed tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: