Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Fabulous Friday

So much to do, so little time.

Our original plan was for Adoring Husband to drive me to the Sunshine Coast on Sunday morning so that I could catch my plane to Melbourne at 11am.

This week, our car had a hiccup and requires a new part that will not be available for about a month. In the meantime, we are not allowed to drive long distances and have been advised to use the car sparingly.

At first I figured that it didn't matter much because I could catch the early train on Sunday morning and still be on the Sunny Coast with plenty of time to get to the airport for my flight.

Then I discovered that there is no early train on Sunday morning.

New plan.

I now have to miss my art class on Saturday morning *sobbing tears of devastation* and catch the 10.40am train to the Sunny Coast, stay overnight in a motel, and then catch my flight on Sunday morning.

Sheesh. These things are sent to test us.

So I have made all the bookings, and as it happens, Mum H, after suffering a serious heart attack a week ago, is in hospital on the Sunny Coast, so I will get to visit her before I fly to Melbourne.

My original 'to do' list had to be modified and prioritised.

Adoring Husband has no meals prepared. One psychotic dog did not get groomed and will have to walk around blind for another 2 weeks.

I'm sure they will survive.

This is what it looked like at the Seat of Knowledge this morning...



Adoring Husband attached my rod to the wall in my workspace. I can now hang my vision board and other bits and pieces as I see fit.


The Bowls Club opened the new renovated area this week and this is what it looks like ...


I got to play poker machines for the first time in four months and had a very successful night haha!

My bags are partially packed and now I should get a good night's sleep in readiness for a big day tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: