Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Easy Peasy

Chicklet has owned her Pikachu costume for 36 hours and she has worn it for 35.5 of those hours!

She takes it off to shower.

This morning, when we visited next door for coffee and apple juice, she was very excited to parade her new Pikachu outfit for Kula and Marina (I hope the spelling is correct for those names). They pretended that they didn't recognise her at first and Chicklet giggled crazily when they suddenly realised it was her.

She spun around and danced in her outfit singing Pikachu! Pikachu! Pikachu!

I love sitting at the back of the shop watching the customers come in to get their regular orders and listening to their animated conversations with Kula and Marina. There is Indian music playing in the background and the ambience is warm and welcoming.

We didn't go anywhere else today.

I drew some more Pokemon characters and we coloured in.

We made a lego house for some miniature toys and played in that imaginary world for quite some time.

We watched Pokemon videos on youtube.

We watched Pokemon Minecraft videos on youtube!

We played Minecraft and Plants vs Zombies.

We read books.

It was a nice quiet uneventful day.

I have some ideas in my head for tomorrow, but we'll see how the day pans out.

I slept like a log last night! I hope to repeat that tonight!

Nite all.


No comments: