Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Christmassy

The day was a little Christmassy for me!

I saw the boys at The Seat of Knowledge, did some grocery shopping and checked the mail. I had two parcels to pick up. One full of jewellery and the other full of games. Both items will be for sale on the site.

When I arrived home, I unpacked the groceries and then got ready for date day with Adoring Husband.

Just before we left, the courier knocked on our front door and delivered two boxes of goodies for Romance Your Life! I didn't have time to open the boxes before we left, so I had to wait until tonight.

Our first stop in The Bay was at Office Works. I needed a book to hold all the business cards that I collected at the Gift Fair, some manilla folders to hold invoices and a concertina folder to hold all the catalogues!

We decided to have lunch at Aquavue before our movie, which was lovely. We had beautiful views of the water which was the most vibrant blue I've ever seen.



This photo really doesn't capture the amazing colour properly.

From there, we headed to the cinema where we watched the final viewing of "La La Land".

I LOVED it!! We LOVED it!!

After the movie, we drove to Stocklands to buy some dog food and then raced home to make dinner and get ready for trivia which was on at the club tonight.

Adoring Husband tells me that we came 3rd, but wherever we came, it was, as always, a lot of fun.

I got to open my earlier delivery when I returned home from trivia and it was just like Christmas! Two boxes full of lovely journals and notebooks and message books.

Now the dining room looks like a bomb hit it because I still haven't completely finished unpacking and all of the goodies that have been delivered in the last two days are spread out everywhere!

I need to take tomorrow to get somewhat organised and at least finish unpacking! Then I need to make a long 'to do' list because my brain is totally muddled and discombobulated with a million thoughts about what needs to be done over the coming days before my trip to Melbourne and then what is required after that!

My organisational skills and time management skills need some honing, that's for sure.

For now, before it hits midnight, I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


2/3 Remembering Jamie with love