Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Art for Art's Sake

Wahoo!!

The art class finally happened!

Saturday morning is going to be my new favourite time of the week. 

There are no words to describe how it makes me feel when I'm being arty farty, and when I'm using my hands to create something. I completely lose myself, and today, I lost myself for three hours.

There are usually four others in the class, but there were only two today because one is in hospital recovering from surgery gone wrong and another had other had private matters to distract her.

I've never used clay to create art. None of us have.

It's amazing and fabulous and wonderful and consuming and cathartic.

So we were all clay virgins today and this is the beginning of my bust sculpture...


Obviously, there is a lot more to be done yet. Lots of contouring and defining and moulding and finding the personality within. I'm leaning towards Jasper right now, but that could change when I see his face again next week. He could even possibly become a she after next week. There is potential for change there.

The sad thing about my new found love, is that I have to cut my nails off! For the first time in years, I have grown my nails quite long, but they are not conducive to easy sculpting and need to be cut right back. Bugger!

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The other girls are great fun and the teacher is patient and caring and helpful and talented.

I can't wait until next Saturday!

The other exciting thing that happened to me today, was talking to Chicklet on the phone. I can't wait to see her in less than two weeks now! She's the cheekiest, funniest, smartest little Chicklet in the universe and we have big plans for our time together!

Vegan Chickie always creates and provides a multitude of tasks full of education, fun and frivolity for the two of us to fill the days that she is absent. We are going to have a ball together.

There is a fire burning tonight on the outskirts of our town ... 


I think the volunteer fire brigade have it pretty much under control, but it looked awfully close this afternoon. It just started raining, so hopefully, it will be enough to assist in putting it out.

Look at this, well after midnight again!

Nite all. 

No comments: