Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 2, 2017

A Day of Rest

Today I combined 'rest day' and 'together time' and enjoyed a day on the couch with Adoring Husband.

Taking into consideration that I have only been home for five days in the last month, and yesterday was a very full 'date day', I sat on the couch for most of today watching many of the TV shows that Adoring Husband very kindly recorded for me while I was absent.

I started the day with a short trike ride and returned home to make a big Vindaloo Curry which slowly bubbled away for a couple of hours while we lazed in front of the telly.

It was a good curry, to which I added thin slices of broccoli and cauliflower, as well as big chunks of sweet potato. It was very nutritious.

I still haven't completely unpacked from my trip and both of my suitcases are sitting on the floor in the dining room with bits and pieces still in them. The dining table is covered in paperwork, business catalogues and price lists, boxes of journals, empty stock bags, clothes, jewellery, a kefir kit, post packs, dvds, cds, glasses, wall hangings, the list goes on.

There are seventeen items on my 'to do' list for tomorrow, and I have to say that they are not small items.

One of them is packaging up all of the beads, accessories and jewellery making tools from my workspace. That job alone will take a day.

Another is cataloguing all of my stock, which will take at least a whole day, perhaps two, and then storing them where the beads and jewellery making stuff is currently stored.

I have to finish the website, groom the dogs, clear out the pantry, do my filing, do some housework, a basket full of ironing, clear 300+ emails, clear my desk and so much more.

Where do I even begin???!

Anyway, it will all get done eventually. Small steps.

Thirty eight years today since I lost my son, Jamie, to SIDS.

That's a bloody long time. It doesn't feel that long.

Thank you for the messages of support ... you know who you are xo

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.



1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Hugs Roz 💙💙💙💙