Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Sydney I'm Baaa-aaack!

It was a very cold start to the day in Canberra! 6C with a strong breeze.

I checked out of the Hotel and caught a taxi to the airport. We drove past Duntroon but I didn't even recognise it until I saw the sign "Royal Military College" and I asked the driver "Is that Duntroon???"

He confirmed that it was and I said "I lived there 37 years ago! We were living there when my first daughter was born. I don't even recognise it as the same place!"

We agreed that 'plenty' had changed in 37 years.

The airport was a surprise too! What a beautiful piece of architecture that is!



My flight to Sydney was delayed by an hour, which was a little annoying, but I finally reached the motel on Darling Harbour at about 2.30pm. What a lovely view we have ...


The room is quite small, but it's clean and tidy and has everything that we need.

When The Motivator arrived, she unpacked her suitcase and we decided to go for a walk and find somewhere to have some dinner and a drink or two.

We found a great little place that sold Mediterranean food ...



... and we shared a bottle of wine over a couple of hours before walking it off around the harbour.










We didn't get back to our room until about 10.30pm and I was surprised by how many people were out and about on a Monday night!

So far, it has been a fabulous first few hours in Sydney and we are looking forward to attending the Gift Fair tomorrow. We've both got our outfits all laid out and we will be looking professional and amazing!

It's just ticked past midnight, and The Motivator is in the bed beside mine trying to sleep, so I'd best stop clicking away on this keyboard and give her some peace.

Nite all.

No comments: