Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Moving On

This is our last night in the big smoke.

Time to move on up the coast.

The Motivator picked up her new car today and we begin the drive to Byron Bay tomorrow morning.

It was another hectic morning at the Gift Fair.

Because the participating businesses sell off all the goods on their stalls on the last day, people come from all directions to get the final bargains. It's a mad house. Security stand at the door checking that everybody has a receipt for the items they are carrying.

We had a checklist of stalls that we wanted to order from, and a list of stalls where we had made purchases but weren't allowed to take them out of the centre until after 1pm on the final day.

Even though we were very organised, it still took The Motivator 2 hours to complete her 'to do' list and it took me 4 hours to complete mine.

The Motivator then had to navigate her way across Sydney, on public transport, to pick up her car, while I finished up at the Gift Fair.

When I left there, I found a nice quiet spot in a restaurant to enjoy a coffee and watch the world go by for about 45 minutes.

I dragged my goods up four ramps in the carpark to our motel, where our luggage was being stored until we could take it.

I settled onto a couch in the bar area of the hotel, where it was air conditioned and comfortable. It was a very pleasant hour and I sipped on a Vodka and Tonic with a twist of lime while I waited. When The Motivator arrived, she parked the car and we debriefed over a beverage before heading back to Mosman.

We ran some errands and bought some basics for the generous people who allowed us to use their home while we were here. Scoffed down a delicious dinner at the Mosman Pub and then came home to reorganise and repack our luggage so that it all fits into the car easily tomorrow.

There was mail to pick up from the post office, the car had to be fuelled up, there was washing to do, food to cook for our meals tomorrow, cleaning, blogging and so much more.

I'm exhausted. My back hurts from today's heavy lifting and my head hurts from thinking too hard.

We are not finished yet and it's almost midnight. So I'd best go and help The Motivator get the rest of this crap done.

Oh for a pillow to lay down my weary head.

Nite al.  

No comments: